Make your mobile app more secure and managed with the best mobile app backend.
Online advertising through mobile apps has become increasingly popular among businesses. As per Statista reports, the revenue generated by mobile apps will reach $189 billion by 2020. Most of this revenue will be generated through in-app advertising as well as app sales on app stores like Apple’s App Store, Google Play, Windows Phone Store and BlackBerry App World.
With this increasing use of mobile apps, business owners are channeling a significant investment of resources to mobile back end management. Does your business app use features like usage analytics, extended security, communication between users, push notification, and advertisement handling?
You need a backend to manage data storage, security, and business logic. One of the critical aspects of mobile app backend management is how and where to host it.
Ways To Single-out Mobile App Backend
Let’s discover the suitable answers –
Single Server Hosting
Single server mobile app backend hosting is the easiest setup for businesses that don’t expect to scale quickly. If the single server is set right, hosted by a reliable server and backed up regularly, this is a great and cost-effective approach to mobile app backend hosting. The only disadvantage of single server hosting is that if one server your app is relying on fails then you experience massive functionality failures that can cause inconvenience to users and potentially affect your business reputation.
There are hosting servers that provide you with easy ways to scale your server as the number of users increases. Examples are DigitalOcean and IBM SoftLayer. For such servers, it is important to ensure that the server instance has fast network connectivity, guaranteed resources, and good tools for load management.
For businesses that target customers across continents, the location of the mobile app backend influences the overall app experience. It affects network throughput and network latency between the client and the server. There are different other considerations to involve in regional regulations on data residence. For instance, businesses operating within the EU must host their app backend within the EU if there is any personal data on the app’s backend.
Choose a hosting solution that provides great latency across regions. Make sure to ping test any hosting provider from different locations to be sure of acceptable network performance before purchasing the solution.
Does your app rely on many downloadable assets such as pictures, videos, fonts, etc.?
Consider using a content delivery network (CDN).
MBaaS is one of the easiest options for hosting your mobile app’s backend. It a
MBaaS providers utilize the as-a-service model where you consume the service as the provider to manage your back end.
The benefits of MBaaS include:
- MBaaS ensures that your app works seamlessly across the wide variety of user mobile platforms and devices.
- You don’t have to work on your backend from the ground up.
- MBaaS can take over your user management.
- The service does all the heavy-lifting involved in storing persistent data.
- MBaaS codes push notification services so you don’t have to do it.
- It takes care of the entire API management. There is no need for you to code integrations, which saves your programmers a lot of time.
- If you are a start-up, with an MBaaS you don’t need to create dedicated software for the business mobile app.
If you choose the MBaaS option, you need to adhere to the following checklist:
- Is the MBaaS easy to use? For instance, how easy is it to manage backend data? The MBaaS provider should provide the appropriate processes, methods, and tools for data management.
- Does the provider store server-side code, databases, files, etc. securely?
- Does the service provider use a well-tested architecture for transaction processing capabilities as well as for database management?
- Does the provider offer APIs to connect your business app to the cloud services you need?
- Is communication between users and servers secured?
- The provider should provide excellent technical support and should be easy to do business with.
Mobile app backend hosting providers vary significantly when it comes to their offerings. You can find great differences in the internal network latency of two leading cloud providers. If your business app is not expected to gain thousands of users in the immediate future, go with the MBaaS option or single server set up. MBaaS works perfectly when time-to-market is the top priority.
INLOGIC – We Build Stunning Mobile Apps
Inlogic IT Solutions believes in creating mobile applications that are not just good looking, but also inspiring, impressive, noteworthy and engaging. We work with various industries and therefore able to implement the strategies which we have learned during the development process. Our mobile app development Dubai team love what they do, and their dedication and commitment are what keep our clients coming back. Contact us for consultancy: +971 4 2955773